The post is originally published & written for Linkedin Pulse.
Working from past 7 years into Websites, Digital Marketing & Graphic Designing for our client projects, We came up with a sort of a common list which will help you to jump start any brand/business. With this you can literally start making your brand presence in the market just in weeks. So here goes the quick steps you can start with:
- Business Name
- Business Logo
- Google Analytics
- Contact Number
- Business Cards
You can read the complete post here: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-jump-start-your-startup-idea-ashu-pal
The most widely recognized approach to enhance your site’s web advertising strategy is either by using SEO or PPC (for this article in the matter of PPC we will refer to Google Adwords and the other way around). The ideal model that the larger part of web advertisers have been utilizing is a substitute model of utilizing either SEO or PPC when the campaign objectives aren’t accomplished.
Along these lines of thought however, are not producing the sought results and consequently there ought to be a standard transformation on how these two methodologies are used for greatest effectiveness. Streamlining web search engine dynamics is an objective that a large number of organizations go for. A capable and successful approach to accomplish this is to consolidate SEO and PPC.
Using a thoroughly planned SEO methodology will get results in the long run and top rankings in search engines and, in addition, a responsive feedback with your client base. Then again, PPC offers quick results guiding site traffic to the displayed advertisements and banners maximizing ROI and empowering direct contact with your clients.
With a specific end goal to viably consolidate both methods however, you have to join a mindful and a deliberate procedure.
- The first most critical step is to set up your PPC, which will send guests to the most pertinent landing page. PPC campaigns are mostly effective when they contain promotion ad groups along with relevant catchphrases/keywords that will guide guests to the target page. On the off chance that PPC is not set up in this way in your campaign and you are sending every one of your guests to the landing page, you can still have insights through PPC reports; however they will now be less insightful.
- The second vital step is to have your Adwords account connected with Google Analytics. This way you can send out the campaign measurements as they relate to visitor activity and its sources which will give you a smart idea about their behavior, conversion and all sales.
Harmonising SEO AND PPC
- How to create landing pages
At the point when content pages are aimed accurately, they are profitable both in SEO and PPC quality scores. PPC helps you in surveying a variety of things, namely:
• Google’s judgment of your pages
• Pages with higher quality scores
• Keywords on those high-quality pages
• Customer’s appraisal of your pages, bounce rates, exit rates, time on page.
- How to select the right keywords
Google Analytics has of late changed its keyword analysis which has brought about Adwords turning into the best instrument to evaluating the effectiveness of a keyword. One approach to using this aspect is to begin with Adwords keyword analysis and to export the results of the focused keywords into your SEO strategy and measurements.
The arrangement of paid and organic efforts ought to be your basic consideration alongside the keywords and their associated competition and expenses. A word of caution, however, because of financial constraints or depending on your ROI objectives you may not generally have the capacity to purchase paid search ads. Likewise, the amount of competition for any given keyword makes the effort to rank organically substantially more troublesome and resource intensive.
3 Ways to combine PPC and SEO for the better
1. Bidding on your Brand
Bidding on your brand is most likely a smart thought, despite the fact that you may rank first for the term in SEO. On the off chance that you have a twofold listing within the SERP, you accomplish two things: one: your brand gets more esteem and two: you get more support. You may get reduced clicks on Organic sources, yet you will get more visits and most likely a higher general CTR because of support. What’s more, branded searches, as a rule, have a strong conversion rate and low CPC, more visits lead to more benefit.
2. PPC & SEO working together
An SEO & PPC collaboration builds the search traffic in all since with PPC you can indicate keywords that you don’t have organic rankings for and vice versa. The key here is to focus on the high-value keywords – despite the fact that they are not top ranking in organic search. On the off chance that you know the strengths of PPC and SEO, you can make them work together in harmony.
3. PPC for link building
SEO & PPC function very well together as supplementary methodologies to promote one’s site.
As you most likely are aware SEO is more about content. You might have tried really hard to make incredible content and advance your site, yet at the same time you haven’t seen the traffic you targeted for. At that time, utilizing PPC along with your SEO efforts is an awesome and minimal effort approach to spread your content to a lot of clients (to can try using long-tailed, non-commercial keywords for instance for PPC). Don’t forget to use Social Platforms along with for magnified results.
It is quite surprising that even with a lot of information out there, just a few brands genuinely take advantage of combined strategies crosswise over paid and organic search. Your website promotions should consider how customers communicate with their search efforts, including ad copies and keywords.
Please feel free to make a remark and give us with more helpful information on the topic. Subscribe to Netcogs, and share your perspective with us and let’s discuss!
Organic Search Engine Rankings matter. For some buyers, search engines are the beginning stage for data on purchasing choices. This article will enable small business owners who are just starting out with their online marketing efforts. By utilizing this article as an aid, entrepreneurs can hope to see more numbers of targeted traffic to their sites.
The only sure-fire approach to awesome search rankings is to create incredible, unique content. Web crawlers needn’t bother with, nor do they reward, duplicate content.Be focused. Try to have a page devoted to each keyword or expression that you’re trying to rank well for. Utilize your keywords many times in the body tags of your pages.
While you ought to incorporate your keywords frequently in the body tags, do not spam a page by putting content in the same color as the background or concealing keywords in places that people can’t see. This is an approach to get banned from a web crawler or be put in the supplemental list.
2. Page Titles
Page titles are critical for search engine optimization and for click through rate.They ought to contain close to 5 words that are keyword-centric and directly relate to what is on the corresponding page.Utilizing more than five words as a part of a page title weakens the quality of every word. Place important keywords early in the page title. The primary word receives the highest reward.
Search Engines take into the record the names of directories and files in each URL where there is content. Along these lines, the keywords ought to appear in the directory names and file names. Static URLs rank superior to dynamic URLs. In case you’re going to use multiple words when naming a file or directory use a hyphen, not an underscore, between the two words. Google has a tendency to overlook underscores, yet hyphens are viewed as partitioning two particular words.
4. Header Tags
Header tags ought to be used to let both the reader and the search engine realize what is essential.
There ought to just be one of every label/tag per page, with your most essential keyword showing up in the H1 tag and descending from there in terms of significance.
5. Link Structure
How your pages link to each other is critical.
Vital pages on your site ought to link to each other. On the off chance that you have your site broken into distinct sections, the main principle of each section should link to one another.
6. Internal Links
Having internal links to pages to and from one, each other is critical. Even more important is the anchor text used to describe it.
The anchor text of each link should contain keywords that relate to what is on the accompanying page. Case in point, having a link for a digital camera say “Click Here” does less for SEO than a link that says “digital camera”, regardless of each link being on the same page.
Search engines can’t “see” what is inside a Picture. Hence, most search engines have major snags properly indexing them.To have images help with search rankings, use keywords in the filenames and alternative text in the HTML to describe it. Likewise, it is good to use captions near images. Search engines pick up on the closeness of the text and it helps them index the image.
8. Description Meta Tag
While a description tag does not assist with website search engine optimization, it can help the search result get clicked on by potential guests.
Every page ought to have an interesting description that sells that specific page’s content. People don’t like surprises, so keep the description relevant to what is on the corresponding page.
Sitemaps are normally XML files that document how a Web site’s content is organized. Creating a sitemap and submitting it to search engines is a good approach to point out how your site is structured and where pages are located. Sitemaps guarantee that that the greater part of your pages are found and listed.
Start by submitting your sitemaps here:
Similar to how the web crawlers battle to “see” a picture, they battle to comprehend what is a PDF contains. To Optimize a PDF, open the PDF and go to File>Document Properties. At that point, finish the title tag. You may likewise complete the Author tag, subject line, and keywords tag. However, these are significantly less vital than the title tag.
While the PDF is open, go to Advanced>Accessibility>Add Tags to Document. Then, include meta tags just like you would to an HTML page.
When undertaking new projects or engaging with new clients, it is useful to review the analytics account set-up to save a lot of time and to enhance productivity. A robust analytics account set-up can avoid discrepancies in actual and observed results.
Below is a comprehensive check-list for google analytics account for new projects. Always backup your profile settings and data to avoid errors and losing data.
STAGE 1: BASIC SETUP
1. Analyze Your Website’s Structure
Your website may need an easy Google Analytics implementation or a lot of customized scripts for correct measurement. Look for these potential hurdles in your website:
Multi-domain / subdomain structure – You need to customize the Google Analytics tracking code because it does not pass the visitor formation between sites automatically.
Frames – For full indexing in search engines, it is recommended to remove frames from the website.
Ajax – Additional skill needed to make use of virtual page views.
Dynamically created URLs – You need to exclude technical query string variables via the “Exclude URL Query Parameters” section of the involved profile.
Flash – It is not measured automatically.
Interactions – Event tracking needs to be setup for interactions like downloads, mail to links, social links etc.
2. Set Up Profiles in your Google Analytics Account
You can collect the whole or a subset of your data within a profile. Some useful profiles are:
- All data profile: this is a backup profile and contains all data.
- All data (IP filters) profile: this profile contains all data with a filter on known IP addresses (your company, partners, etc.)
- Include your IP profile: for testing, it collects your only your website behavior.
3. Set Up Filters – Exclude internal and partner IP addresses
- To avoid reducing conversion rate and also over-reporting traffic
- To implement, go to Admin > Filters (in the appropriate view) > New Filter. You can also use the free tool Xenu for this.
4. Apply Google Analytics code on all pages
- Missing google analytics code can create misleading site engagement metrics conversion data. A quick look at referral reports can highlight this problem.
- All conversions will be shown as “referral” or “direct” if pages do not include Google Analytics code in the checkout process.
- To implement, use the ‘screaming frog’ tool or com
5. UA account is listed only once
- Running two GA codes simultaneously is fine, but it is not OK to run instances of the same code twice.
- To find this, search for “UA-” in the source code.
6. LINKING RELATED ACCOUNTS
- Link Google Analytics account with AdWords and Google Webmaster Tools accounts
STAGE 2: Ensure proper campaign tracking implementation
7. Enable Auto-Tagging for Google Analytics
- Without this, your paid search traffic, your paid search traffic will show as organic traffic in Google Analytics.
- To check the status of auto-tagging, go to Account Settings > Preferences, in your AdWords Account.
8. UTM tags for non-Google paid search campaign URLs
- Without this, the traffic will be counted as organic search visits.
- Google Analytics interprets utm_medium=cpc and utm_medium=ppc as paid search traffic, so one of these should be used for the medium.
9. UTM parameters for vanity domains redirect
- This will allow you to easily attribute visits and conversions from the vanity domain to the campaign associated with the vanity domain.
10. UTM parameters in e-mail campaign links
- Allows you to properly attribute visits and conversions to the right email marketing effort
STAGE 3: CONVERSIONS AND INTERACTIONS
11. Goal setting
- Set desired goals for activities such as purchases, contact form completions, creating an account, time on site, signing up for a newsletter, etc.
- Quantify your goals and their monetary value.
12. Set up e-commerce tracking
- It will allow you to understand how much revenue you’re making and also, what channels are responsible for driving revenue.
13. Set up event tracking
- Event tracking is a simple way to track how users are interacting with your site. It includes user activities such as the videos played, submitted forms, scrolling through your content, or downloads.
STAGE 4: Content grouping
14. Create content groupings
- Create groups of similar pages like blog posts, landing pages, e-commerce category etc.
Leave a comment, if you have any questions or you want to see more posts like this.