In businesses, Social Media is one of the most effective resources to promote brands & market products. It is commonly used for crowdsourcing. Social media marketing is a form of internet marketing, which is used to increase brand exposure & to reach the target audience.
In B2B marketing, social media is used to interact with your customers regularly & foster the new businesses. To acquire & retain customers, social media holds tremendous potential for B2B businesses.
Benefits of Using Social Media for Businesses:
Social media helps B2B businesses in tough markets. There are many benefits for B2B businesses to remain active on social media sites, such as:
- Increased Brand Awareness
- Increased Traffic
- Developed Brand Loyalty
- Provided Market Place
- Build Brand Equity
- Better Search Engine Rankings
- Improved Sales
- Decreased Marketing Costs
- Identify Target Audience
- Track Your Result
- Repeat Customers
- New Opportunities
Social Media Networks:
To promote your products/services online social media networks are effective resources for all sizes businesses. There are a number of social media sites which are most cost effective platform to advertise your product & to interact with your customers.
Top social media sites are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn.
- Facebook is the most popular social media network on the web. It is a great medium for connecting people from all over the world with your businesses. With over 1.55 billion monthly active users are interacting & engaging on Facebook.
- Instagram was the big winner of 2015. Unlike other social networks, Instagram has reached 400m users in five years’ existence.
Social Media Marketing Spend:
Advertisers worldwide spend a huge amount on paid media to reach customers on social networks. Facebook is dominating the paid social advertising platform globally.
More than a third of CMO’s say that within the next 5 years marketing will account for 75% or more of their spending. With a 16% increase in spending, digital advertising was the fastest growing category in 2014.
In 2015, 51% of B2B marketers used paid media as part of their marketing strategy. In the next 12 months, B2B marketers will spend 16% of their marketing budget on paid media.
Why Content Marketing?
- Corporations are more likely to pay for quality content than advertising.
- Among all the social media sites, YouTube is the most highly engaged website. YouTube is the largest video content provider around the world. According to the 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 66% of social media marketers plan to increase their YouTube marketing in the near future.
- On the other hand, Infographics are great for visual appeal. Infographics are effective marketing tools to build brand recognition & users are 30 times more likely to read infographics than any text. Through the use of bright colours Infographics attract users.
- The use of images can help to capture the audience’s attention. Having at least one image in any blog post results in increasing Facebook & Twitter shares.
Key Challenges For Social Media Marketers:
- Creating a social media marketing (SMM) strategy right is the biggest challenge today. To show the impact of social media on their businesses has also become a challenge among the marketers in tough markets.
- Other challenges are the authentic relationship with your audience, consistently posting a quality content, original graphics etc.
- Brand awareness, website traffic & audience reach are the most common goals of social media marketing.
Marketers can overcome the social media marketing challenges. When social media marketing done right, it can lead to more customers, more traffic & more conversions.