In businesses, Social Media is one of the most effective resources to promote brands & market products. It is commonly used for crowdsourcing. Social media marketing is a form of internet marketing, which is used to increase brand exposure & to reach the target audience.
In B2B marketing, social media is used to interact with your customers regularly & foster the new businesses. To acquire & retain customers, social media holds tremendous potential for B2B businesses.
Benefits of Using Social Media for Businesses:
Social media helps B2B businesses in tough markets. There are many benefits for B2B businesses to remain active on social media sites, such as:
- Increased Brand Awareness
- Increased Traffic
- Developed Brand Loyalty
- Provided Market Place
- Build Brand Equity
- Better Search Engine Rankings
- Improved Sales
- Decreased Marketing Costs
- Identify Target Audience
- Track Your Result
- Repeat Customers
- New Opportunities
Social Media Networks:
To promote your products/services online social media networks are effective resources for all sizes businesses. There are a number of social media sites which are most cost effective platform to advertise your product & to interact with your customers.
Top social media sites are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn.
- Facebook is the most popular social media network on the web. It is a great medium for connecting people from all over the world with your businesses. With over 1.55 billion monthly active users are interacting & engaging on Facebook.
- Instagram was the big winner of 2015. Unlike other social networks, Instagram has reached 400m users in five years’ existence.
Social Media Marketing Spend:
Advertisers worldwide spend a huge amount on paid media to reach customers on social networks. Facebook is dominating the paid social advertising platform globally.
More than a third of CMO’s say that within the next 5 years marketing will account for 75% or more of their spending. With a 16% increase in spending, digital advertising was the fastest growing category in 2014.
In 2015, 51% of B2B marketers used paid media as part of their marketing strategy. In the next 12 months, B2B marketers will spend 16% of their marketing budget on paid media.
Why Content Marketing?
- Corporations are more likely to pay for quality content than advertising.
- Among all the social media sites, YouTube is the most highly engaged website. YouTube is the largest video content provider around the world. According to the 2015 Social Media Marketing Industry Report, 66% of social media marketers plan to increase their YouTube marketing in the near future.
- On the other hand, Infographics are great for visual appeal. Infographics are effective marketing tools to build brand recognition & users are 30 times more likely to read infographics than any text. Through the use of bright colours Infographics attract users.
- The use of images can help to capture the audience’s attention. Having at least one image in any blog post results in increasing Facebook & Twitter shares.
Key Challenges For Social Media Marketers:
- Creating a social media marketing (SMM) strategy right is the biggest challenge today. To show the impact of social media on their businesses has also become a challenge among the marketers in tough markets.
- Other challenges are the authentic relationship with your audience, consistently posting a quality content, original graphics etc.
- Brand awareness, website traffic & audience reach are the most common goals of social media marketing.
Marketers can overcome the social media marketing challenges. When social media marketing done right, it can lead to more customers, more traffic & more conversions.
There is no denial in accepting the fact that content is the highest flammable fuel to your digital marketing & as with most of the dangerous fuels, how you use it matters the most. Use it in abundance you’ll burn the ingredients & use it in scarcity, well you can’t ignite any sparks at all.
As content marketing is growing fast, your content must be original and unique to cut the proliferation in a digital landscape. To arrive maximum results with your content marketing you need to know that how to create a compelling content for your website. Every unique content goes a long run with your visitors and Google as well.
Well-written and well-organized content will spark some ideas for readers. No wonder, compelling content have it’s own perks in persuades readers leads to better conversion rates, more sales, and more shares.
Creating a compelling content is not a mystery, here’re some few tips on how to write one.
1. Make Your Content Actionable:
- Start developing your ideas before it’s time to write.
- Research similar posts & make notes.
- Perform target keyword search beforehand.
- Content must have a proper title, grammar, and organization. The title is the most important word on your web post as it compels people to read or not.
- Make your topic clear that will interest readers.
- Understand your readers. If you know about your readers you can write for them. Make sure you write content for your audience, not for yourself and not for your company or brand.
- Write content that is understandable by your audience by using language what your audience understand.
- Communicate more by adding pictures or images and videos.
- To grab skimmer’s attention consistency should be there in your article.
- To be able to create content that inspire the readers to take action every time.
- Take a look at your article that readers actually want to read.
2. Provide Clear Instructions:
- The best content shows how to do or how to apply information. It does not degrade or misguide users by telling them what to do.
- Be able to deliver answers to your readers.
- Give useful examples. The information you mentioned must provide useful tips to the users guided through the step-by-step process.
3. Add Visual Appeal:
- Add data into your content to increase the visual appeal of your web content.
- Highly relevant visual aspects like conceptual diagrams, screenshots or videos, photographs to demonstrate your points and graphs etc., get more views on your blog or website.
- Don’t choose random images not related to the post.
- Replace paragraphs by bullet points.
- Use different font sizes for appealing typography.
- Change texts into photographs or videos.
- Make content to be scannable, your content must be posted correctly with clear headings. So, users can quickly scan the content to find details what they want to read.
- To make content as interactive as possible that readers can engage with performing some actions like clicking, typing etc. It forces the readers to pay attention.
- Instead of posting more and more content on every single day publish only best content that contains a valuable message.
Compelling content engages readers on every level, it should create an urge to read more & more. Every post with your name on your blog should be original. Carefully crafted content not only boost your web traffic but also help’s you to gain higher index ranking on search engines.
If you devote your time to write original and high-quality content, search engines will definitely open the path of enlightenment to your blogs for your readers, eventually, help you to attain maximum peace with your writings.
Like every community or social media manager, one type of social media content you’re likely to share is posts that play on what’s happening in the world– the trends of the day, week, or month. To find content for these posts, many of you are probably turning to Twitter’s Trending Topics--that friendly little section on the left-hand side of your browser when you visit Twitter.com, and something that can be personalized (or not) to what Twitter thinks you’ll be most interested in.
We admit that Trending Topics are pretty handy when it comes to inspiring content, but it’s also the same place EVERY. OTHER. BRAND (and probably your competitors) is looking for content ideas. Boring! Today, we’ve got 5 other places you can look for trending stories to inspire you.
With more than just cute puppy pictures and spoiler-filled lists, Buzzfeed’s trend section gives readers a look at what’s popular on its own site (helpful for inspiring pop-culture-related social content) as well as what’s popular around the rest of the web. Sometimes, real, hard-hitting news stories even show up in the list!
2. Google Trends
This tool has been around for years, but it’s made a resurgence in recent weeks when it released a new way of displaying trending searches: a new visualizer that allows you to view 1, 2, or up to 25 simultaneous trending searches – customizable to show one country or worldwide trends. Watch the trends flip by and click one you’re interested in to see the Google search results.
Alternatively, you can view the Google Trends Top Charts page and drill down on a specific topic you think your community may find relevant:
If you’re managing community/social media for a tech-oriented brand, try checking out the “What’s Hot” section of Google+! This little-known section shares trending hashtags, popular posts and people/pages it thinks you may find interesting – perfect fodder for sharing or creating new content. Find the section at http://plus.google.com/explore.
Also a departure from the typical Twitter crowd, Reddit is a place where jokes, news, and interesting tidbits from across the internet are aggregated and ranked according to the number of people who have up- (or down-) voted the post or comment associated with it. If you’re in need of a new meme to fuel your content, Reddit is a great place to look.
5. Using a Social Media Analytics Tool
Social media marketing platforms often have built-in data analysis tools that allow you to view trends in social at-a-glance. Exporting data from your social platform into a tool like wordle.net can give you a sense of what the trending terms are. Below, is a real-time conversation map by uberVU.
Original article by Elisabeth Michaud for Hootsuite.
Visual content promotion is an essential source for engagement in the advanced digital age. An important component for competing on the web, visual content is the most ideal method to set your business apart from the crowd. The question is, how would you make your content the best when a group of businesses, just like yours are pushing to do likewise?
The winning mantra here is quality and consistency. If you don’t put the work in, and battle to be seen, you won’t be. Advertisers understand this, and put in numerous hours in the background to get things going. However, having the right visual marketing gear up your sleeve – for image creation and streamlining and editing, free-picture sources and image monetization – can truly offer assistance.
Canva — A product whose best-known evangelist is marketing legend Guy Kawasaki, Canva is a simple but incredibly effective design tool. Create various styles and types of graphics with a few clicks of your mouse. Best of all, it is free and you don’t have to download anything to use it. This is the best known tool on this list, and one that you have to try for yourself.
PicMonkey — Not well versed in Photoshop? You can get the same effects using PicMonkey, a fantastic online picture-editing software. Edit the photo, touch up the image, add filters, add it to designs or create a collage. You have dozens of features at your fingertips. PicMonkey even has a huge collection of fonts to use, so you can do it all in one place.
Loupe — Shape collages are a great visual tool. With Loupe, you can show off hundreds of images that relate to your brand, campaign or event in a dynamic way. Imagine showing off the photos you took at a recent conference in an interactive heart that allows users to see everything by skimming over it. You can also make cards, or an image-search game. All it takes is a bit of creativity to make this tool really work for you.
DataHero — Thinking of creating a case study or presentation? Don’t forget the visuals! Data is much more enticing if it is being presented in an easily digestible way. People like to see the numbers, not read them. Charts and graphs are the key, and DataHero lets you make them easily. Take your cloud or spreadsheets and convert them into stunning visuals that are fully customizable. You can create and share unlimited charts for free, or take advantage of their premium features.
Evernote Skitch — Everyone has heard of Evernote, the data snippet tool. But not everyone has used some of its additional services, such as the awesome Evernote Skitch. With Skitch, you can annotate and sketch out ideas, points and facts on anything. It connects things visually, and encourages visual forms of communication on an Internet which is becoming increasingly reliant on format. The point is to use fewer words, and instead show what you want to get across.
Optimization and editing tools
JPEGmini — Sometimes you need to shrink an image, but you don’t want to compromise the quality of the original. While graphic designers may be well versed in this skill, laymen won’t be. And, even if they are, they may appreciate a more simple means of doing it. JPEGmini, a service offered by Beamr, condenses your photos into high-quality, smaller versions. You can reduce the size by up to 80 percent without losing visual integrity.
Social Media Resizer — Different social media sites have different image-size requirements. Chasing them down, then editing them in different formats through an editor is incredibly annoying. Social Media Resizer lets you automatically create different sizes for different platforms within minutes. It will seriously cut down on your profile-building time, and let you change all of your accounts with a new image, fast, with no hassle.
Free image sources
IM Creator Free — Need a quick but attractive and functional website or landing page? IM Creator Free will help you create one, using a fluid all-in-one process that doesn’t involve a lot of fuss. Just choose your template, customize, and publish. Check out different categories that best fit your needs. This tool even has a fully branded option with its pro white-label accounts. So, even if you need a professional grade site, IM Creator Free has you covered.
There are many more sources of free images listed here. Also,Webhosting Geeks offers a good tutorial on which images you can use and how to credit them properly.
Do you have any tools to add to the list? Let us know in the Comments section below!
View and analyze your data instantly with the new Report Editor
A lot of us are visual learners, and by visualizing information you can notice trends that you generally wouldn’t have by just looking at the figures worked out.
Google understands this need, and is making it possible to rapidly visualize information from its AdWords web advertising service through a basic drag-and-drop tool that gives you a chance to explore your account information in brand new ways within your browser.
The Report Editor gives a simple to utilize interface that gives you a chance to construct custom tables and graphs that can be segmented, sorted, and filtered to help you discover insights that matter to your business.
Using Report Editor, you can:
- explore information with simple drag and drop actions
- sort, filter, and pivot your data to concentrate on the slices of information needed
- visualize your information in pie, bar, or line diagrams to uncover powerful insights
- apply multiple segmentation to dissect your data with better granularity
“Visualizing data in a chart can make your data more actionable,” reads Google’s official blog post about the tool. “Charts can quickly unveil performance trends that may be missed when looking at numbers alone. Now, you can instantly create a line, pie, or bar chart to surface your key insights.”
Report Editor will be taking off gradually through the span of the following couple of months, with Google saying you’ll know you have access to it “when you see the new Reports tab in your account.”
Check out the new Advanced Reporting guide for tips on monitoring actionable insights in your reporting and the AdWords Help Center for more details on how to use Report Editor.
As I’ve mentioned recently, expanding AdWords ROI (quantifiable profit) is to the greatest advantage of both advertisers utilizing the AdWords service and Google alike. Low ROI, or even trouble in measuring ROI, is a negative ordeal that could lead advertisers to quit spending their marketing budget with Google. What’s more, search advertising is, all things considered, still Google’s bread-winning business.
As per the latest, by the information technology titan- Cisco, an astounding 79% of all internet consumer traffic would be video by 2018. That’s up from 66% in 2013.
Also, the number of devices connected to internet networks will be about twice as high as the worldwide population by 2018. Viewers are 85% more likely to buy an item after viewing a product feature as per the internet retailer.
So if you think videos on your website are window dressing, reconsider.
Why YouTube matters
Another report by Defy Media demonstrates that youngsters (aged 13-24) are viewing YouTube more than TV. It’s difficult to overlook them, when they are the fate of consumption.
The report also shows that 96% of 13-24-year-olds watch a normal of 11 hours of online videos (in social media or on sites like YouTube). Conventional TV, by comparison is seen by an 81% for a normal of 8 hours for every week.
Using videos in your content marketing efforts therefore:
- Helps you in search and social
- Helps you convert website traffic
- Helps you prove ROI, to yourself (and your boss)
Advertisers are moving onward this huge opportunity, as Video promotions offer the visual, dynamic appeal of TV, with the advantage of digital, like sophisticated targeting and tracking.
Also with video consumption on the rise, a lot of it is going on YouTube. eMarketer reports that 75% of US digital viewers said they watched videos on YouTube, more than the second and third biggest streaming sites consolidated, Facebook (33%) and Netflix (28%) respectively.
You may have video resources effectively made that can be repurposed quickly and proficiently and will help you achieve your marketing objectives and your target group. To reach that group, YouTube allows you to promote in primarily two ways through TrueView video ads. The primary route is through in-stream promotions, which work similarly to a TV ad and play before or in the middle of another video; viewers have the capacity to skip advertisements after 5 seconds of play. The second route, in-display ads, appear to the right of the feature video or in YouTube search pages.
Now you have the where, why, and how. However, if you are just starting out with YouTube marketing, you should remember the following:
Anybody can make a video and toss it up on YouTube, yet in the event that it’s not convincing enough and it’s not getting before the right set of people, spare yourself the inconvenience of hitting the upload button. It’s critical to begin with distinguishing your audience and making broad targeting lists. Try not to place the greater part of your targeting activities on a single set; this will repress you from making further enhancements and controlling your maximum Cost-Per-View (CPV) for distinctive target structures. You can begin with the three wide settings: Age, Gender, and Parental Status.
The following step is where the optimization starts. When you have captured performance information, you have the chance to delve into those targeting lists. Expand spend by verifying where your video is getting the most noteworthy view rate and pause the low performing ones. You ought to keep on enhancing targeting and make more customized, relevant messaging. As targeting gets more refined, key measurements like the number of views, view through rate, and normal CPV would keep on progressing.
YouTube has one of a kind monetized channel that ordinarily post videos around a similar theme. In the event that you trust your product identifies with a unique and prominent channel, select them as placements and have your commercial show up before videos on that channel.
Ultimately, make and utilize remarketing list identified with YouTube, additionally remember that you have the choice to utilize remarketing lists produced from your search campaigns. In a steady fight to win client mindshare, utilize these lists to retarget clients and stay applicable during their journey.
In case you’re looking into video promotions and still uncertain of where to begin, we can offer assistance. Leave us a comment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org